Tuesday, June 3, 2008

School's out

Tomorrow is the last day of the school year. I can see how much fun Ethan has been having for about the past 4 days or so. You remember what that was like, right? Being so young still, he is in a grade where they don't work right up until the very end, rather they are just finishing up the required make-up snow days, and everything is literally fun and games. It is a nice way to end a school year. Sort of a prelude to the promise of fun the summer break holds.
I am looking forward to the summer break, too. A little bit of sleeping-in, a little bit of slowing down. A chance to get some things done around the house that I have been putting-off. Ethan remarked a couple of weeks ago that he hopes we get to do more this summer than we have in past summers. I assured him that we would because I have a lot more energy this year than I have had in a long time. That is what weighing 58 pounds less will do for a person.
Owen, on the other hand, couldn't give a flying fig about the summer break. He is so excited about going to kindergarten in the fall that he would go today if he could. He can't wait to ride the bus (God, I may need medication for that). He was so excited when he went for his visit and discovered the computer lab. I hope he has a really positive experience when he goes in the fall. This will most likely be the last time Owen doesn't care about a summer break.

No comments: