Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I've reached my goal

I have reached and surpassed my weight loss goal of 45 pounds. I reached it on February 15th, and I have shed an extra pound or two since then. I am going for a total of five pounds more than my goal which will make my total loss 50 pounds. Look, I am rather impressed with myself. I mean, it's no small time weight loss...it's magazine cover worthy weight loss. At least to me it is.
I haven't made a post in a long time because I wasn't able to. Our computer's life expired a few weeks ago, and I was without one here at home. We are now the owners of a brand new computer (kept the old monitor and speakers, but may upgrade those at a later time). My cousin Andy built us a new one, and I really like it. I have a few things still to become familiar with, but I am really pleased with how much faster this one moves . Andy did a great job taking care of so much with the new computer for us. We can't thank him enough. Initially, it was believed that nothing from the old hard drive could be retreived, but Andy has said that it may not be a lost cause-my other cousin, Matt, said there may be a couple of things he can try. Those two and their computer know-how, it's beyond me.
My mom just called and said she found, after years of them being missing, 16 reels of 8 mm home-movies that are from my and my brother's childhood. We have looked for them off and on for several years after my parents moved into the home in which they now live. We were afraid they were lost in the move and gone for good, but they turned up today in a box she didn't expect them to be in. Now, my mom is going to find out how much it will cost to transfer the reels over to DVD. I have heard it is pretty costly, but I don't know for sure. I just know I can't wait to see them.
That is about it for today. I have a lot of work to do on my ipod's music library, because unfortunately, my music has so far been unretrievable from the crashed hard drive.

1 comment:

Matt said...

The real challenge will be getting your hard drive from Andy to me. Hopefully, I'll be able to get something from it. We'll see.